Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Love That Won't Let Go

As a Christian I loved to read religious books. Allow me to share to a humorous story with a good lessons I get.An elderly man lay in a hospital,with his wife of 55 years sitting at his bedside."Is that you,Ethel, at my side again? he whispered"Yes dear" she answered.You were with me when we lost everything in fire,you stuck with me when we were poor.Then he sighed and said," I tell, you are my bad luck!"
It is only a humorous story, but it reminds us how we can twist the facts and fail to recognize the love and loyalty of someone who cares about us.
We can read in Hosea 11 that God's people had spurned the love that gave them birth as a nation and cared for them through many crises.Instead of loving Him in return ,they burned insense to carved images,refused to repent and were bent on backsliding.But even in his anger, when discipline became necessary, God did not stop loving them. He said" My heart churns within Me;My sympathy is stirred"
If you have strayed far from God, ypu may wonder how He can keep loving you.Admit your waywardness and remember that God's love will not let go. A child of God is always welcomed home.

No comments: